Internships are not just part of the curriculum. They have become a way to stand out of the crowd. Check out these helpful tips when considering an internship.
- Look for a program that will give you the opportunity to do some real work.
- Be a professional. Treat everyone you meet with respect and leave your personal life at home.
- Don’t be shy about asking questions, and don’t pretend to know something you don’t. Companies expect questions from interns, after all this is a learning opportunity.
- Use your initiative. Raise your hand. Don’t overextend yourself, but do take on as much as you can handle.
- Network, network, network! You have the opportunity to meet and showcase yourself to potential employers and valuable job contacts.Take advantage of what is a wonderful opportunity to meet senior leaders.
- Try to set goals and work with your mentor to achieve these.
- Stay in touch and send casual emails every couple of months to maintain your contacts.